Orkney Housing Association
Quality Affordable Homes for Orkney

Home Contents Insurance

The Association insures the building fixtures and fittings. It does not provide insurance cover for your contents. We strongly advise you to take out a Contents Insurance Policy to cover you against risks such as fire, water damage or theft. Please bear in mind that anything that you have fitted – such as laminate flooring – won’t be covered by our buildings insurance and, if it is damaged (say, by a water leak) your insurance company would need to meet the replacement cost. If you want to include 'accidental cover' you will need to check with the company providing your insurance that this is included.

You should also ensure that any Contents Insurance Policy you arrange provides adequate cover to protect you from claims for accidental damage to the Association's or neighbour's property. This cover is normally included in contents insurance but you should ask your insurer/broker to confirm this. Contents Insurance can be extended to cover both accidental damage and also items that you use outside the home, such as a bicycle. You should check with your insurance company to ensure you have all your belongings fully covered.

For further information, please contact the office.