Help to Navigate the Rising Cost of Living
Orkney Housing Association Ltd understands that energy bills and other costs, notably food, remain high, and many people continue to struggle with living costs. That’s why it’s important to know what help and support is available that could benefit you, a relative, friend or neighbour.
This page contains links to sources of help and advice from the Association, our partners and external organisations.
We would also encourage you to get in touch with your housing officer at any point if we can help or if you want to discuss issues around your tenancy.
Money, Benefits & Income Maximisation
Energy Saving & Help with Fuel Costs
Help with Energy Costs
Warm Home Discount Scheme
Food & Community Support
- Orkney Blide Trust – This local charity promotes mental well-being in Orkney, through active personalised support with a focus on recovery.
- Age Scotland Orkney – This local organisation works with sister charity Age Scotland to ensure that everyone can love later life through a variety of services and support.
- Island Wellbeing Project - Funds and supports Island Wellbeing Coordinators on Hoy, Sanday, Stronsay, Shapinsay; and Rousay, Egilsay and Wyre.
- Women’s Aid Orkney – Women’s Aid Orkney provides free and confidential support to women and children affected by domestic abuse.
- Samaritans of Orkney – Call 116 123 for free. The Samaritans helpline is there for anyone who is struggling, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- CAMHS resources – A site created for young people, carers and professionals to pool together resources from across the internet to help support your mental health and well-being.
- Orkney Mental Health Services – A multidisciplinary team based in the Balfour in Kirkwall, offering a community based service to the whole of Orkney.
- Orkney Rape and Sexual Assault Services – ORSAS provides free and confidential information, advocacy and support to anyone in Orkney (age 13 and over) affected by any form of sexual violence. This includes survivors of sexual violence and their friends, partners and families.